PKAVS Carers Hub have been allocated some additional funding from the Scottish Government to help support unpaid carers. This funding is to enable unpaid carers to take a break from their caring role and maintain their own health and well-being during the winter months and this period of lockdown. In light of this funding, PKAVS can now offer unpaid carers the opportunity to apply for a one-off time-limited grant.
The Time4Me EXTRA100 is a small grant that is available to support unpaid carers living in Perth and Kinross. Unpaid carers can apply for anything that they feel will give them a break from caring. Some suggestions of what has been funded previously are available under the ‘What Can Be Funded?’ section of this guide. We understand that having a break from your caring role is as important now as it has ever been. There are numerous types of breaks that you can do in the comfort of your home while staying safe in the meantime.
The application is open from
08 February 2021 until 05 March 2021
and the grant must be used by 31 March 2021.
Alternatively, should you be interested to go for a short break later this year, we have the main Time4Me Fund available. Click here for more details or you can contact us on 01738 567076 (option 2) to discuss this.
- Unpaid carer lives in Perth and Kinross – application is open to Young Carers, Young Adult Carers, Adult Carers and Parent Carers
- Unpaid carer is a person of any age who looks after someone else (‘cared-for person’) such as a child, parent, sibling, partner or friend, typically due to any type of illness, disability, disorder, or because the person is elderly or frail. They may provide emotional support, practical support or physical support to the person they look after.
- Due to limited funding, we can only accommodate applications from up to a maximum of 2 carers per household. Each carer needs to apply for different requests (e.g. 1 parent carer request for a movie subscription and 1 young carer request for a games console).
- Due to limited funding, we can only accommodate 1 parent carer to apply per household.
- The item has not already been purchased.
- The grant has to be used by 31st March 2021. The Scottish Government have been very clear that these funds should be spent by 31st of March 2021 and so any form of short break or trip that is taking place after this date will not be considered.
- Carers cannot hold onto the grants to take a holiday or purchase i.e. driving lessons later in the year once lockdown has been relaxed. If these types of breaks are required then you can apply for a grant from our main Time4Me Fund of up to £300.
- Unpaid carers can apply irrespective of whether they have been awarded a grant within the last 12 months. However, priority will be given to carers who have not applied for or been awarded a Time4Me before.
WHAT CAN BE FUNDED?
Unpaid carers can apply for a small one-off grant of up to £100. With lockdown restrictions, many traditional types of break are currently unavailable. Therefore, we encourage you to think 'creatively' to support activities that can be done at home to allow you to have a break from your caring role during this time. Some examples are:
- Arts and craft or painting materials
- Audiobooks and equipment
- Musical equipment and lessons
- Cooking and baking equipment
- Exercise equipment and/or virtual training sessions
- Reading materials and/or subscriptions
- Movie subscriptions such as Netflix, Disney+, Now TV etc.
- Mobile phones
- IT equipment such as iPads, tablets, laptops or PCs
- Gaming consoles and membership
- Gardening equipment such as a bench or outdoor dining set, tools etc.
- Sewing equipment or crochet materials
- Takeaway meals
- Pamper equipment such as foot spa set, foot massager etc.
- Cycling, walking or running equipment such as bike, shoes, waterproof clothing etc.
- DIY tools
- Online classes or short virtual courses
The grant CANNOT be used to pay for:
- General living expenses e.g. house rent/arrears, food, clothes, bill payments, Wi-Fi subscription, beds and mattress etc.
- Household/Kitchen appliances or white goods such as TV, cookers etc
- Debt/loans/mortgage repayment
- Item that has already been paid or purchased
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the application form (on the left-hand side of the page) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, you can post it to Time4Me, PKAVS Carers Centre, Lewis Place, North Muirton, Perth, PH1 3BD. Application is open until 05 March 2021 and applications received after this date will not be accepted.
DECISION PROCESS, AWARDING FUNDS AND AGREEMENT
- Applications will be reviewed upon submission and carers will be informed of decisions within 10 working days. Please note that we anticipate a high volume of applications and will try to contact you of the decision as soon as possible.
- If successful, we will pay the grant through bank transfer (BACS)
- You are required to submit proof of purchases/receipts
- We will ask you to complete a feedback form