Respitality Scotland aims to connect local organisations that support unpaid carers with hospitality and leisure providers such as hotels, leisure clubs, restaurants, activity centres etc.
The idea is that hospitality and leisure providers, for example, become Respitality Partners by making a ‘gift’ of a short break whether overnight or for a few hours. This enables a Carer plus a companion to have a break away from their caring responsibilities to recharge their batteries and have a little time for themselves.
Respitality is a form of respite for carers. There will be various options in terms of what is available from an overnight stay in a hotel, an afternoon tea, a round of golf, a spa treatment and much more.
A few points to bear in mind when registering for Respitality as an unpaid carer:
- The offer of a Respitality break is for the carer and one companion, where relevant and cannot be passed on to anyone else. These breaks are usually not suitable for families.
- You may need to bring photo ID to show you are the person to whom the break has been allocated to.
- If you find that you are unable to take up your Respitality gift for any reason please get in touch as soon as possible so that we can allocate it to another carer.
- Carers are responsible for arranging alternative care for their cared for, should it be required. If you find making arrangements difficult let us know and we will try to advise you.
- Carers must make their own arrangements for any travel required to get to the venue. Please get in touch if you have difficulty making travel plans and we will help you look over the options.
- Although Respitality Gifts are offered to carers without charge, the range of facilities included in the offer vary according to the provider and carers are responsible to meet any costs that fall outside that of the offered break.
Allocation of Gifts:
- PKAVS Carers Hub will keep a register of carers who have applied for a Respitality gift.
- Breaks will be allocated on a first come first serve basis, consideration will be given regarding the type of break and the needs and requirements of the carer.
- If a break isn’t suitable to a carer, it will be passed on to the next person on the register. We will keep your place on the list until you are able to take up a suitable gift.
If you would like to be part of Respitality, please download the application form and return it to email@example.com or PKAVS Carers Centre, Lewis Place, North Muirton, PH1 3BD
Your name will go on a database and ‘gifts’ will be assigned on a first come first serve basis, depending on your availability and what the break entails.
If you are a business/hospitality/leisure provider and would like to donate a gift to provide a break for unpaid carers in Perth and Kinross then please contact Erman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01738 567076.
Last Modified: 10/12/2019