Share this page

Carer's Allowance

24th May 2021

As an unpaid carer, you could get £67.60 a week if you care for someone at least 35 hours a week and they get certain benefits. You do not have to be related to, or live with, the person you care for.

If you have been affected by the Coronavirus, you can claim Carer’s Allowance if you provide care remotely during the coronavirus outbreak. This includes giving emotional support over the phone or online.

Contact Numbers - General Enquiries
Telephone: 0800 731 0297
Textphone: 0800 731 0317
Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 731 0297
Video relay service for British Sign Language (BSL) users - check you can use this service
Monday to Friday, 10am to 2pm
Find out about call charges

To find out more information and how to make a claim, please visit the website at

See & Make Comments

Social Prescribing in Perth and Kinross

Would you like to know more about the options and opportunities available to you in the local area?

PKAVS Carers Hub Newsletter Summer 2021

Within our newsletter, we hope that you will find useful contacts, information, and details of support available for Carers within Perth & Kinross and further afield.

What is the difference between a Council and a PKAVS support plan?

What is the difference between a Council and a PKAVS support plan?