Share this page

Types of Respite

Residential Respite

The person you support stays in a care home while you get away. For more information, please contact the Access Team on 0345 3011120 or email

Flexi Residential Respite

This allows you and the person you are supporting to choose a care home which will then offer nights for the cared for to stay – the care home that you choose has to be part of the flexi-scheme.

You can choose to use all the nights at once or spread them over a period of time. This option gives the carer and the cared for more options.

A full list of approved providers can be found here Approved Providers List.

Respite Voucher Scheme - Respite at Home

This enables the person you support to stay in their own home. Care is provided by a local organisation while the carer can have a break away from the house and time to themselves knowing their cared for is being looked after.

The Respite Vouchers Scheme can give the carer a chance to book a few hours of respite and the cared for can stay in the comfort of their own home.

Attached is the new approved provider list for PKC.  Those carers using providers as part of the Respite Voucher Scheme should only be contacting providers on this list that are part of the scheme - Approved Providers List.

Short Breaks Bureau

Designed for people with learning disabilities, the carer can have a break knowing the person they support is getting quality time with professionals.

For more information, please contact Vicki Cheape - 01738 476557 or email

Complimentary Therapies

Perth and Kinross Council have a list of approved therapy providers which you can access if you have been referred by the Community Access Team.

These therapies can include:

Refelxology, foot and hand massage, Reiki, Hot Stone Massage, Reflexology and many more. For more information contact PKAVS Carers Hub on 01738 567076

More about therapies and how to access them.


For more respite opportunities and to find out what is on for Carers within your area please go to our 'whats on' tab.

Arranging a break:

To get care for the person you support, a Community Care Assessment must be completed.

To arrange this please

Phone 0345 30 111 20 or email



We need a Respitality volunteer!

We need a Respitality volunteer!

Every second Wednesday
Creative Carers
Every month
Perth Carers Support Group
Perth Carers Support Group
21 MAR
Perth Decides
Perth Decides

What is the difference between a Council and a PKAVS support plan?

What is the difference between a Council and a PKAVS support plan?