Share this page

Home Energy Savings

Home Energy Scotland

Home Energy Scotland is a free impartial advice service from the Scottish Government, helping householders to cut their energy bills and make their homes warmer.

A one-stop shop for advice and support, the Home Energy Scotland hotline is there to help Scots stay warmer for less.

Tel: 0808 808 2282; Email:

Home Energy Scotland also offers a community liaison service for those who find it difficult to communicate over the phone. Providing a free home visit offering in-depth and bespoke advice to help with individual situations, and help to access grants and energy efficiency offers currently available.

Scottish Power Hardship Fund

Social Enterprise Direct (SED) have a new fund available to Scottish Power customers who have difficulties paying their bills due to low income.

Set up to help customers get their energy payments under control by reducing or cancelling energy debts.

As part of the application, customers must contact a recognised debt advice agency such as National Debtline, Stepchange or Perth and Kinross Citizens Advice Bureau.

You could qualify for help from Scottish Power Hardship Fund if you are receiving:

  • Income Support
  • Job Seekers Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Employment and Support Allowance

Applications can be made online at which is available 24 hours a day or our Freephone helpline on 0808 8000128 are open Monday to Friday 8.30am-8pm and Saturday 10am-2pm – we can also receive paper applications. 


For more information and to find out if you qualify for any help towards your energy bills then please call Home Energy Scotland free on 0808 8082282.

A Day in the Life of PKAVS

A Day in the Life of PKAVS

A Day in the Life of PKAVS

A Day in the Life of PKAVS

Every second Wednesday
Creative Carers
Every month
Perth Carers Support Group
Perth Carers Support Group
Going Beyond Harm
Carers Trust Scotland and Scottish Patient Safety Programme for Mental Health are holding an event for mental health carers, service users and staff on 24th October, Dewars Centre, Glover Street, Perth, PH2 0TH, 10.30am-2.15pm.  Tea, coffee and buffet lunch included.

What is the difference between a Council and a PKAVS support plan?

What is the difference between a Council and a PKAVS support plan?